DBT – IOP Skills Group
May 22 @ 4:00 pm - 6:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 4:00pm on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, repeating indefinitely
This is the Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) skills group which meets Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays from 4:00PM - 6:30PM.
DBT skills training group is focused on enhancing clients' capabilities by teaching them behavioral skills. A 12-step speaker meeting is held every Friday from 5:30pm - 6:30pm.
DBT includes five sets of behavioral skills.
- Mindfulness: the practice of being fully aware and present in this one moment
- Distress Tolerance: how to tolerate pain in difficult situations, not change it
- Interpersonal Effectiveness: how to ask for what you want and say no while maintaining self-respect and relationships with others
- Emotion Regulation: how to change emotions that you want to change
- Walking the Middle Path: thinking dialectically as a way to move through "stand-offs" and conflicts